WATCH: This Pork Giniling Recipe Is Loaded With Potatoes
Instead of using the usual frozen mixed vegetables, use potatoes instead.
Level up your favorite go-to pork giniling recipe with a flavorful and heartier version. This recipe, instead of using the usual frozen mixed vegetables, uses just patatas or potatoes instead. Plus, to give it extra flavor, we used fresh tomatoes. This is so easy to make!
There's another reason why this pork giniling recipe is so delicious but different from others like it. Instead of plain old salt and pepper, we add oyster sauce to the mix just to amp up the flavorful salty taste.
Here's the recipe:
Pork Giniling With Patatas Recipe
- Takes 20 minutes
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 2 medium native tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 kilo ground pork
- 1 medium potato, peeled, cubed small
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 In a wok over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions then garlic, cooking just until aromatic and onions are translucent. Add tomatoes, and cook until softened.
- 2 Add ground pork, and spread into a single layer. Let pork sear before crumbling and then sauté until cooked through and no longer pink. Add potatoes and water. Simmer until potatoes are cooked through.
- 3 Add oyster sauce, season to taste with ground black pepper, and stir to mix. Cook until mixture simmers and liquid has reduced. Remove from heat.
- 4 Serve with garlic rice and fried eggs.
What can be easier than that? We say ditch the can of corned beef and make this version that's made from scratch using fresh ingredients for breakfast tomorrow instead.