WATCH: How to Make Puto
Try this easy version of the classic Filipino cake for a delicious merienda.
Can't think of what to serve this afternoon for
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Â˝ cup sugar
- 150 grams fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1 Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together. Set aside.
- 2 Mix milk, egg, and butter together.
- 3 Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- 4 Preheat the steamer.
- 5 Pour mixture into molds then arrange into the steamer. Steam for 10 minutes.
- 6 Take off the heat, and top with cheese.
- 7 Cover for 2 more minutes to make the cheese melt.
- 8 Cool to room temperature, then serve.