WATCH: How to Make Siomai
These dainty, delicious dumplings are easy to make!
Siomai is a traditional Chinese dumpling that is filled with delicious and mouthwatering ingredients. With simple ingredients such as sesame oil, ground pork, and carrots, you'll be able to make this dish in no time! For
Don't forget to check the seasoning of the
PORK SIOMAI RECIPE
- Makes around 70 pieces
- Cooking time 30 minutes
1 kiloground pork (suggested proportion of fat to lean meat is 1:3)
- 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup carrots, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- a bunch of spring onions or leeks, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- small wonton or
- For the dipping sauce:
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- chili paste, optional
- 1 Mix all the ingredients for the filling in a large bowl.
- 2 Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each wrapper. Fold and seal.
- 3 Brush steamer with oil and boil water. When the water gets to a rolling boil, arrange the
siomaiin the steamer and steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4 Serve with dipping sauce.