WATCH: This Spicy Dilis Recipe Is The Only Snack You Will Need
This is great as a snack or served with a steaming hot bowl of rice.
This dried fish snack is easy to make! Simply toss these easy-to-find ingredients together then cook it with the dried
Plus, it can double as your favorite breakfast
Spicy Dilis Recipe
- Takes 15 minutes
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon banana ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups dried
- 1 siling
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 In a small bowl, mix banana ketchup, hot sauce, sugar, chili powder, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- 2 In a dry nonstick frying pan over low heat, add dried
dilis. Cook, stirring constantly to prevent burning,until heated through. Add and stir in oil until dilisare well coated.
- 3 Pour ketchup mixture with the
dilisand stir to mix. Continue cooking and stirring until the sugar has dissolved, the mixture begins to dry, and the dilisare well coated.
- 4 Remove from heat and stir in siling
labuyoand sesame seeds while still hot. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Want more fish meal or snack ideas? Here you go: