WATCH: How to Make Tuyo Pasta
Use bottled tuyo for this easy-to-make pasta dish!
This pasta dish has all the salty flavors you love in tuyo (red herring). Add chili flakes to make it spicy or top with Parmesan cheese-this is a delicious alternative to rich cream-based pasta dishes.
Tuyo Pasta Recipe
- Prep time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
- Serves 3-4
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, cubed
- 1 (225 grams) bottled tuyo
- 1/8 cup pasta water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pepper, to taste
- 450 grams spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add sundried tomatoes and tuyo, cook for another 1 minute.
- 2 Add reserved pasta water and lemon. Let simmer until reduced, season with pepper.
- 3 Place the pasta and toss until well incorporated.
- 4 Remove from heat. Serve with lemon wedges.