WATCH: Wow Friends And Family With A Homemade Boneless Lechon This Christmas
This homemade pork belly recipe might be even better than any lechon you can buy.
There's no need to buy¬†an entire
Excited yet? Here's the recipe so you can start the journey to homemade
Boneless Lechon Recipe
- Takes 3 hours 20 minutes plus
- Makes 12 servings
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 (2 2/3 kilograms) whole pork belly, bones removed
- Lechon sauce, to serve
- 1 In a saucepan over medium heat, add salt, sugar, pepper, and water. Stir to dissolve the salt and sugar. Once dissolved, remove from heat and pour into a container filled with ice with a lid that can fit the pork belly.¬†
- 2 Once the brine has cooled completely, place pork belly into the brine, adding enough water to cover and ensuring that it's fully submerged. Cover, and refrigerate at least 24 hours (1 day) up to 72 hours (3 days).
- 3 Preheat oven to 350?F.
- 4 Remove pork from brine, and place on a roasting pan. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 3 hours or until the skin is crispy and the meat browned. Baste with pork drippings as needed.¬†
- 5 Remove from oven, and let rest 10 minutes before carving with a sharp knife. Serve while hot with
lechonsauce or vinegar on the side as needed.