WATCH: These Mashed Potatoes Become Super Flavorful With One Extra Ingredient
You have never made mashed potatoes like these before!
Mashed potatoes is always a comforting dish. We love this common side dish with our roasted chicken,¬†with braised beef so it can soak up all that beefy sauce, and even¬†topped with so much butter it's incredibly creamy, and very close to baby food that it's sinfully delicious.¬†
These easy mashed potatoes get a boost in flavor with garlic. While mashed potatoes with garlic isn't new, you'll find that toasting the garlic in butter is going to amplify its flavor and create a fantastic toasted flavor.
Heres's the recipe:¬†
Toasted Garlic Mashed¬†Potatoes¬†Recipe¬†
- Takes 20 minutes¬†¬†
- Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 kilogram potatoes¬†
- water, as needed¬†
- salt, as needed, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste¬†
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2¬†tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped¬†
- 1 Place potatoes in a pot filled with¬†enough water to cover. Add salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender. (Fork or knife will easily slide¬†through the potato and come out just¬†as easily.) Drain the potatoes and keep warm.¬†
- 2¬†Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk and butter. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Heat it up until the milk is warm and the butter has melted. Keep warm.¬†
- 3¬†In¬†a small frying pan over low heat, melt the remaining butter and saute the garlic until just toasted. Season with a little salt.¬†
- 4¬†When potatoes are tender, use a ricer or a potato masher to finely mash the potatoes. Add the milk mixture and the toasted garlic and stir to combine.¬†Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve while warm.¬†¬†
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group,¬†Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club,¬†to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman!¬†Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here!