Did you know that ready-to-eat cupcakes make for a convenient and delicious base for homemade cakes? If you don’t have an oven at home — and the baking expertise required to use it — you can actually use your family’s favorite cupcakes to create easy desserts.
Case in point: Lemon Square® Cheese Cake®!
Made with fresh eggs and milk, Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® is a beloved Filipino snack that is dense and delicious to eat on its own. And with a bit of creativity and some kitchen know-how, you can easily transform it into a variety of decadent treats that both kids and kids at heart will love.
Interested to try? Watch this!
Create these decadent desserts using Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® by following the step-by-step recipes down below.
Better yet, you can get the whole family to join you in making these treats. After all, the family that creates delicious things in the kitchen together has more fun spending time with each other.
No-Bake Strawberry Rustic Cheese Cake Recipe
Makes 1 cake (5-6 servings)
Takes 40-60 minutes (plus overnight for chilling)
No-Bake Strawberry Rustic Cheese Cake Ingredients
2 cups fresh strawberries, cubed
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup non-dairy whipping cream
1 pack of 420 grams (42g x 10 pieces) Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® Big, sliced into cubes
1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
3-5 pieces fresh whole strawberries
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
How to make No-Bake Strawberry Rustic Cheese Cake
1. Prepare a 7-inch springform pan by lining the bottom with foil or cling wrap. Set aside.
2. Make the strawberry mixture: In a small saucepan, place cubed strawberries and sugar. Cook mixture in medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the juice thickens. Set aside to cool down.
3. Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. Assemble the cake: In the 7-inch springform pan, layer cubed Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® Big and whipped cream. Arrange halved strawberries on the side of the pan. Add more whipped cream in the middle, making a well or space for the cooked strawberry mixture. Add cooked strawberry mixture, the rest of the cubed Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® Big, and more whipped cream.
5. Cover cake with cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Remove from the mold. Garnish with sliced or whole strawberries before serving.
7. Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top. Serve.
Frozen Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake Recipe
Makes 6-7 servings (1 serving per 4-inch ramekin bowl)
Takes 30-40 minutes (plus 1 hour for freezing)
Frozen Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake Ingredients
1 pack of 300 grams (30g x 10 pieces) Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® Original
1/2 of 227-gram block cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup non-dairy whipping cream
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
150 grams dark chocolate chunks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
6-7 pieces fresh strawberries, sliced and fanned
How to make Frozen Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
1. In a food processor or by hand, finely crumble Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® Original. Set aside.
2. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Set aside.
3. In the same bowl, whip the non-dairy cream until soft peaks form. Add in the cream cheese mixture and whip until smooth and stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. Heat all-purpose cream then pour into the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Mix in butter. Set aside to cool down.
5. In a 4-inch ramekin bowl, layer the following: Lemon Square® Cheese Cake® Original crumbs (flattened or pressed with a spatula or spoon), whipping cream mixture, chocolate ganache. Repeat for the rest of the ramekin bowls.
6. Refrigerate or freeze for about 1 hour or until chilled and top has set.
7. Using a sifter or a very fine strainer, sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Garnish each bowl with a fanned strawberry. Serve.