WATCH: One Ingredient Makes This Instant Pancit Canton Better
Elevate your instant pancit canton with one ingredient.
Instant pancit canton is one of those guilty pleasures. This is what you want to make when you need a fast, easy, and really tasty meal that comes together in minutes.
You can totally leave your instant pancit canton as is, boiled and seasoned as it instructs you to do on the package but why not make it even more delicious and just better overall?
That's what we're trying to do with this new series of one-hack recipe videos where we introduce you to a recipe hack that involves one ingredient.
We start easy and totally relatable with this instant pancit canton recipe. You can give it a little color with the toppings of carrots, green onion, and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds which are all optional, but the main ingredient that takes this instant noodle packet up a notch is the sesame oil. This earthy and delicious oil is powerful stuff so even just a few drops of this aromatic oil is enough to infuse the noodles with its flavor and marry the seasonings together wonderfully.
Here's the recipe:
Sesame Pancit Canton Recipe
- Takes 6 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
- 1 60-gram pack instant pancit canton
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Water, as needed
- 1 calamansi, halved (optional)
- Sesame seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- Carrots, small diced (optional)
- Green onion, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 Cook pancit canton noodles as directed by the packet in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- 2 Add seasoning packet and soy sauce mix. Pour in sesame oil.
- 3 Mix thoroughly. Serve immediately with calamansi and topped with sesame seeds, carrots, and green onions.