Delicious Ways To Add Ube To Your Breakfast
There are surprising ways to have ube in the morning.
Love ube? Have them for breakfast! Here are 5 easy recipes to give usual breakfast dishes an ube level-up!
Ube Spread Recipe¬†
- 3/4 cup ube halaya
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ube extract
- 1 In a double boiler, whisk two eggs.
- 2 Add ube halaya and mix until well combined.
- 3 Add butter and whisk until all the butter has melted
- 4 Add ube extract and whisk until the mixture slightly thickens.
- 5 Transfer into a sterilized jar, let cool, and serve with toast.
Ube Latte with Coffee Whip Recipe¬†
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ube extracts (or as desired)
- For the Coffee Whip:
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 Whisk instant coffee, granulated sugar, and hot water into a bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- 2 In a cup, pour milk and mix in ube extract.
- 3 Top with coffee whip.
Ube Pancakes Recipe¬†
- 1 cup ube halaya
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pack (200 grams) pancake mix
- Butter, as needed, to serve
- Pancake syrup, to serve
- 1 Whisk ube, egg, water, coconut milk, and oil in a large bowl until no large lumps remain and mixture is well combined. Dump in pancake mix, and gently whisk in until mixed. Mixture will be thick. Set aside.
- 2 Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter into the pan.
- 3 Drop by the 1/3 cupful the ube batter onto the middle of the pan and cook until the tops begin to bubble up and the underside has browned. Flip and cook until the pancake bounces back when pressed gently. Remove from pan, and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining pancake batter. Serve with butter and pancake syrup as desired.
Ube Champorado Recipe¬†
- 1 cups (250 grams) malagkit rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup ube halaya
- 1 teaspoon ube coloring and flavoring (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, more to serve
- Evaporated milk, to serve
- Condensed milk, to serve
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Pour rice and water in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer until rice is cooked, stirring regularly to avoid scorching and sticking. Add more water if necessary to achieve your desired consistency.
- 2 Stir in ube halaya, flavoring, coconut cream, and a pinch of salt, to taste, once rice is tender. Cook, stirring, until heated through and ube is mixed in well.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.