WATCH: This Is How You Make The Creamy Sauce For Your Lasagna
Lasagna is not complete without that extra creamy white layer . Everyone who loves lasagna and likes it with both the seasoned tomato sauce and this white creamy sauce called bechamel sauce. It's a white sauce that is one of the basic sauces in cooking.
It pays to know how to make a classic bechamel or white sauce because you can make so many sauces from it! You start off making the basic white sauce when making a cheddar cheese sauce to drizzle over your loaded nachos, the tomato cream sauce or a creamy shrimp and seafood sauce for your pasta, or a savory onion sauce that's the creamy version of the French onion soup that's perfect for serving with roasted vegetables.
Keep it thick when topping your lasagna or thin it down to create the creamiest cheese sauce you've ever tasted.
Bechamel Sauce Recipe
- Takes 10 minutes
- Makes 2 cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk vigorously until well blended. Cook until the flour is cooked. Pour in the fresh milk, whisking until well mixed.
- 2 Bring to a simmer and let cook until thickened. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve as desired.