WATCH: This Is How You Make The Creamy Sauce For Your Lasagna
This sauce is what will make your lasagna even better.
Lasagna is not complete without¬†that extra creamy white layer . Everyone who loves lasagna and likes it with both the seasoned tomato sauce and this¬†white creamy sauce called bechamel sauce. It's a¬†white sauce that is one of the¬†basic sauces in cooking.¬†
It pays to know how to make a classic bechamel or white sauce because you can make so many sauces from it! You start off making¬†the basic white sauce when making a cheddar cheese sauce to drizzle over your loaded nachos, the tomato cream sauce or a creamy shrimp and seafood sauce for your pasta, or a savory onion sauce that's the¬†creamy version of the French onion soup that's perfect for¬†serving¬†with roasted vegetables.¬†¬†
Keep it thick when¬†topping your¬†lasagna or thin it down to create the creamiest cheese sauce you've ever tasted.¬†
Bechamel Sauce Recipe
- Takes 10 minutes
- Makes 2 cups¬†
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste¬†
- 1¬†In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk vigorously until well blended. Cook until the flour is cooked. Pour in the fresh milk, whisking until well mixed.
- 2¬†Bring to a simmer and let cook until thickened. Season with nutmeg, salt,¬†and pepper. Serve as desired.¬†
¬† ¬† ¬†