WATCH: Make These Witches Hats and Brooms For Halloween
Halloween doesn't need to be scary! These cute Halloween treats are made with candy you can easily find and assemble into these witch's hats and brooms. Choose your favorite prepared fondant at your nearest baking supply store and color it any way you want.
- For the hat:
- Chocolate-coated cookies
- Milk chocolate kisses
- Prepared colored fondant
- Silver dragees
- For the broom:
- Pretzel sticks
- White fondant
- Chocolate cups
- 1 To make the hat: place a cookie on a flat surface. Pinch a small ball of colored fondant, roll into a ball, then flatten until about 3mm thick and about 1/3 of the cookie size. Place in the middle of the cookie.
- 2 Press a chocolate kiss down onto the fondant round to make it stick to the cookie.
- 3 Place a dragee on the fondant below the kiss that will serve as the hat buckle. Repeat as desired.
- 4 To make the broom: Place a chocolate cup upside down on a flat surface. Pinch a small piece of white fondant, roll into a
ball,and place it at the center of the chocolate cup.
- 5 Cut the pretzel stick in two and stick the broken end into the fondant ball to create a broom. Repeat as desired.
Need more ideas for Halloween? We've got you covered! Here are more candy and dessert ideas you can serve and give away at this year's trick or treating: