This Is The Right Way To Make Breaded Chicken
You need to know this tip to make breaded chicken properly.
Have you ever wondered how the commercial¬†frozen food section does their breaded chicken so well? The coating is¬†perfect¬†every time!¬†
You can bread chicken just as perfectly, too! You just need a few tips on how to do it¬†just as perfectly¬†like the breaded chicken you can find in stores. The breading technique is just the same as any other breading procedure.¬†
If you need a¬†refresher on how to¬†bread chicken pieces, here's a step-by-step guide:¬†
- 1. Pat each piece dry with paper towels.¬†
- 2. Set up a breading station with three shallow plates: flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs.¬†
- 3. Using one hand, dip each piece of chicken into the flour, then shake off any excess. Shaking off any excess flour ensures that the coating doesn't turn pasty or gummy when you do the next step.
- 4. Dip the floured chicken¬†into¬†the egg. Using your other hand, coat the chicken lightly with the egg on both sides. Hold the chicken over the beaten egg to allow any excess to fall from the chicken and back into the bowl.
- 5. Lay the chicken flat in the breadcrumbs. Use your dry hand to grab some breadcrumbs and cover the exposed chicken.¬†Press down¬†and then turn it over. Press it into the breading again to make sure that the breadcrumbs coat and stick to the chicken.¬†
- 6. Place breaded chicken onto a tray and repeat with the¬†remaining chicken pieces.¬†
Usually, this is¬†the step when you deep fry these breaded chicken pieces. However, there is a step that we think¬†is responsible for making better breaded chicken: leave it alone for about 5 minutes. This is enough time for the oil to get hot enough for deep frying.¬†
By letting the breading sit on the chicken, the breading will soak up any moisture still left on the chicken for¬†the few minutes it sits. This will help prevent splatters while allowing the breading stick better to the chicken, too.¬†
If you're not¬†cooking these breaded chickens yet, this is the stage when you want to freeze these. Freezing these breaded chicken¬†does the same thing as letting it rest. Plus, this makes it easy to make these ahead so you can cook these on days you're in a rush.¬†
You can make delicious¬†and perfectly breaded chicken at home with this¬†tip. Try it by¬†making any of these breaded recipes:¬†