WATCH: How to Make Chicken Macaroni Salad
Learn to make this quick and easy Filipino party staple!
Macaroni salad is a quick and easy-to-make party-spread staple in most Filipino gatherings.
Feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking: add ham, celery, bell peppers, a bit of pineapple juice... the variations are endless!
Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 200 grams elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1/2 kilo roast or boiled chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup pickle relish
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 In a large mixing bowl, place cooked elbow macaroni. Add in chicken, pickle relish, mayonnaise, pineapple tidbits.
- 2 Toss to combine until well mixed and ingredients are coated in mayonnaise.
- 3 Season with salt and ground black pepper, according to taste.
- 4 Transfer to a lidded container or cover bowl with plastic wrap. Chill until ready to serve.