How To Make Coconut Iced Coffee
Enjoy an iced coffee with a tropical twist!
We don't know about you but sometimes we want something different once in a while including how we take our coffee of the day. You may love your iced coffee black on most days but when you want to level it up, you might want to try a shaken iced coffee latte or even a foam-topped caramel macchiato, Starbucks style, on other days.
If you're thinking of mixing it up today, why not try an iced coffee with a subtle but still delicious twist? Try coconut iced coffee.
This creamy yet lactose-free coffee drink, also known as a coconut milk latte, is super simple to recreate if you already know how to make an iced coffee latte. Plus, coconut cream is a great alternative for those who are looking for a lactose-free substitute at home that's more affordable than nut milk or oat milk.
Here are the ingredients you need plus a simple swap of the creamy component to make this delicious tropical-themed version:
- • ice cubes
- • ground coffee or instant coffee
- • hot water
- • sugar syrup, to taste
- • coconut cream or coconut milk
We love this iced but you can also make this either hot or cold. Simply remove the ice cubes from the glass and use a mug instead when you brew your coffee.
We also used a simple Vietnamese coffee drip aka stainless steel phin filter but this method is easy to adapt for a pour-over coffee dripper. You can even use your usual brewed coffee or your stash of cold brew coffee for this as well!
Here's how to make it:
Coconut Iced Coffee Recipe
- Takes 5 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
Coconut Iced Coffee Ingredients
- • ice cubes, as needed
- • 4 tablespoons ground coffee
- • 3/4 cup hot water
- • 1 tablespoon sugar syrup, or to taste
- • 1/4 cup coconut cream
How to Make Coconut Iced Coffee
- 1 Add ice to a glass. (Leave out the ice if making a hot version.)
- 2 Place coffee drip over the glass. Add coffee grounds to the drip.
- 3 Pour in about 1/4 cup hot water over the grounds to wet or bloom the coffee grounds. Let it drain. Place the gravity press in the drip. Pour in the remaining water. Cover if desired. Let it drip completely. Uncover, remove the drip from the top of the glass, and place on the cover. Set aside.
- 4 Sweeten with sugar syrup as desired and pour in coconut cream. Stir and enjoy!
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.