WATCH: How To Make Melon Ice Candy
This ice candy recipe transforms your favorite melon shake into a treat you can eat.
You should make this fruity ice candy recipe and¬†take a trip back to your childhood for the most refreshing icy treat of the summer!¬†Melons are¬†plentiful during¬†our dry season, so it's no wonder that you can take advantage of the summer heat to enjoy this icy dessert recipe.
Instead of making the usual¬†fruit shakes from ripe melons, we¬†funneled the sweet juice into ice candy bags for a treat that will cool you off.
It's¬†a sweet and delicious fruity recipe that transformed your favorite melon shake into an icy dessert you can eat¬†whenever you need to beat the heat.¬†
Here's the recipe:¬†
- Takes 20 minutes¬†plus overnight freezing
- Makes 15 ice candies
- 1¬†melon, peeled, deseeded, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 1 Puree¬†melon¬†chunks, sugar, and water in a blender.
- 2 Using a funnel and a 1/3 cup measuring cup, fill each¬†ice¬†candy¬†bag with 1/3 cup of the melon mixture. Twist and tie to seal. Repeat with remaining mixture. Stand in a tall jar or glass.
- 3 Place in freezer, and freeze overnight or at least 6 hours. Pack in¬†ice¬†with salt until ready to eat.
If you want to¬†learn how to make other¬†ice candy recipes, try these:¬†