Level Up Your Iced Coffee: Shake It!
Coffee + ice cubes + milk = cool summer drink.
The most important part of any summer drink has to be the ice. Ice can make any drink more appetizing in the heat and just thinking about it can cool you off! That might be why iced coffee drinks are what you're looking for right now!
Anyone can make an iced coffee simply by adding ice to coffee so why not make it even better with this twist: shake it.
There are no special tools needed to make this shaken iced coffee. A jar with a lid will do just fine but if you have a home bar, borrow the cocktail shaker to make straining out the ice easy, leaving you with just the cooled coffee to pour into your glass.
You get a delicious iced coffee beverage that's perfectly cold with thick coffee foam. Pour this directly into even more ice if desired. Pour in fresh milk to make it into a shaken iced coffee latte.
You'll need to make a simple vanilla syrup or dissolve brown sugar in warm water so you get a smoother drink. Once you have that prepared, you can easily make this shaken iced coffee beverage. Here's how:
Shaken Iced Coffee Recipe
- Takes 3 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
- 1/4 cup fresh milk, optional
- 4 ice cubes, more for serving
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup or sweetener of choice to taste
How To Make Shaken Iced Coffee
- 1 Prepare a glass with ice. Set aside.
- 2 In a shaker or large jar with a tight-fitting lid, add vanilla syrup if using. Add instant coffee and pour in the water. Add 4 ice cubes.
- 3 Close the shaker or jar. Gripping it firmly, shake until the container feels ice cold. (If your shaker or jar is transparent, you'll see the foam has formed and the ice has mostly melted.)
- 4 Open the shaker or jar and pour the chilled coffee into the prepared glass. Use a spoon to add coffee foam to the top of the glass.
- 5 If desired, pour in fresh milk and add a straw before enjoying.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.