This Easy Muffin Pan Okonomiyaki Hack Is A Must-Try
No need to use a grill for this.
There are various versions of the favorite Japanese delicacy okonomiyaki. In fact, when translated, the word means, “whatever you want,” which just proves how flexible this dish can be. You can customize it to your liking by putting any veggie or protein your personal recipe begs. Locally, this dish you commonly found in specialty Japanese restaurants. Cooked over steaming hot flat grills, the process is as entertaining as it is delightful to taste. It feels intimidating to try at home but this Easy Muffin Pan Okonomiyaki hack will save you the hassle of operating a grill, at the same time, give you another delicious holiday recipe (or simply serve it on whatever occasion).
This recipe calls for a simple combination of shredded cabbage, and onions. Together, these veggies taste simple but by partnering and drizzling with a sauce made from Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise, your simple muffin okonomiyaki will turn into a savory piece that will make you crave more. The creamy sweetness and tanginess of the Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise complement the crunch and saltiness of the vegetables So, impress your guests and impress yourself by successfully making this recipe!
Here’s how you can make the Easy Muffin Pan Okonomiyaki.
Easy Muffin Pan Okonomiyaki
Prep time: 1 hour
Easy Muffin Pan Okonomiyaki Ingredients:
5 medium-sized eggs
4 tbsp vegetable oil (set aside 2 tbsp to grease the muffin pan)
4 tbsp tonkatsu sauce (save 2 tbsp for drizzling)
2 tbsp Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise (to add in egg mixture)
2 tbsp milk
2 ½ cups shredded cabbage
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp fine salt
¼ cup Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise, to drizzle
Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to drizzle
How to make Easy Muffin Pan Okonomiyaki:
1. Preheat your oven to 200C and put your 12-hole muffin pan in the oven.
2. Gently whisk in a large glass bowl the following wet ingredients; eggs, 2 tbsp oil, sauce, 2 tbsps of Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise, and 2 tbsps of milk until combined. Then mix in shredded cabbage and green onion.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the following dry ingredients; all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix using a rubber spatula or a fork. Gradually add this dry mixture to your wet mixture and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
4. Remove the muffin pan from the oven and use the remaining oil to grease the base and sides of the holes. Line holes with baking paper. Equally, pour the mixture into all 12 holes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Take out the pan and let it rest for five to seven minutes before removing it. Using an offset spatula or small knife, remove puffs from the pan. Transfer on a serving plate and drizzle with tonkatsu sauce, Knorr liquid seasoning, and Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise. Garnish with remaining green onion and serve.
Shop Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise online via Shopee, Lazada, UStore, or GoCart. Visit www.ladyschoice.com.ph for more recipes and follow Lady's Choice's Philippines' official Facebook page for more info.