What Is The "Baked Feta" Trend + How To Make It
According to TikTok users, some groceries in Finland ran out of feta cheese.
There's more to TikTok than all the singing, the dancing, and the comedic 60-second snippets, the platform is also where you can find tons of food hacks and quick food recipes. One of the viral TikTok food trends is the baked feta pasta. As of writing, the #bakedfeta tag has 44.6 million views and the #bakedfestapasta tag has 53.5 million views on TikTok!
According to Pop Sugar Food, the original recipe was first seen on a Finnish blogger's website in 2019. It became a hit in Finland, Australia, and United States. People who have uploaded their videos on TikTok even mentioned that groceries in Finland ran out of feta because of this trend.
The charm of the baked feta recipe lies in its simplicity, that people who tried this TikTok trend tweaked it by adding different vegetables and spices. If you want to make the simplest, common version at home, here's what you'll need and how to do it:
Baked Feta Pasta ingredients:
- 1/2 box of pasta, cooked
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 1 package of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1/2 red chili pepper, optional
@feelgoodfoodie? original sound - Feel Good FoodieADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to make Baked Festa Pasta:
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- 2. Get an oven-safe dish and place the cherry tomatoes, garlic, add salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss all the ingredients until coated in oil.
- 3. Add a block of feta in the middle. You can also season the feta with salt and pepper, and drizzle olive oil directly to it.
- 4. Place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes. While the dish is baking in the oven, you should check on your pasta. If it's ready you can remove it from the stove, drain the water, and set it aside.
- 5. After 30 minutes, you change your oven setting to broiler and cook for 10 minutes. This high temperature-setting will melt the feta further and give it a brown, toasted color.
- 6. Remove the dish from the oven, then mix the tomatoes and feta together.
- 7. Add the cooked pasta into the feta-and-tomato mix, then toss everything together. You can add basil as a garnish and if you like it a little spicy, you can add chili flakes.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.