"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro Got His Hand Impaled During A Terrible Bowling Accident
His dominant hand was repeatedly impaled by a metal rod three times.
American baker Buddy Valastro, who is known for his reality television series "Cake Boss", was recently involved in an accident where his right hand was impaled by a metal rod.
In a report by Extra, the accident occurred when the Valastro family went bowling in their at-home bowling alley and the bowling pinsetter suddenly malfunctioned.
Valastro's rep says, "After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit. Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2" metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger."
Valastro's sons, Buddy Jr. and Marco, helped their dad break free from the bowling pinsetter by using a reciprocating saw to cut the metal rod that impaled their dad's hand.
See Buddy's Instagram post below:
According to his rep, Buddy has already undergone two surgeries. He adds, "It will be an uphill battle as it's Buddy's dominant right hand and he will need prolonged recovery and therapy."
Buddy Valastro is now recovering at home after being released from the hospital on Wednesday.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here!