These 5 Easy Recipes Are This Mom's Answer To Everyday Meals
A mom shares their easy #OUFTD (Our Ulam For The Day) that her whole family enjoys.
Lorraine Llorin is¬†a well-known blogger who runs the Facebook page Super Momma. As a former nurse turned full-time work-at-home mom, she admits meal planning had always been a dilemma in their household, especially because her family-her husband and three children-loves to eat.
Whenever she feels inspired to cook, Lorraine takes photos of their daily meals and uploads it on her "#OUFTD" (Our Ulam for the Day) album on her page. "I want to help fellow mommies who get '
How to plan your meals efficiently
Lorraine shares she spends anywhere between a P100 to P1,000 per meal. "The Php100 meal is for when the budget is tight-
When planning meals, Lorraine ensures there's protein, vegetables, and fruits. She says, "I buy our food at the public market because it's fresh plus it's cheaper. Also, I like to have so many selections and to [be able to] haggle, haha!"
Lorraine says that meals should be flexible-it can be cooked even if the required ingredients aren't complete. "I also make sure that we balance what we eat every week. There should be days when we eat fish, seafood, vegetables, and meat," she shares. She also plans meals for 'petsa de
Because she does not have a helper to help around the house, Lorraine says that it's important to choose '
Don't know what to cook? Here are 5 easy recipes you can try this week:
Adobong Pusit Recipe
Green chili pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean the squid. Remove the spine and eyes.
2. Prepare all the ingredients.
3. Put everything in the pan, let it simmer for 5 to 8 minutes until the squid turns white. DON'T overcook this one as it may be tough to eat.
Lorraine notes that she doesn't saut√© the squid anymore since her method produces a tastier and more flavorful meal.
Beef Stir Fry with Broccoli and Eggplant Recipe
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil (around 1 tbsp)
1. Prepare all ingredients. Wash the vegetables thoroughly.
2. Saut√© garlic until brown. Add beef strips. Saut√© until cooked.
3. Add water with a teaspoon of cornstarch. This will thicken the soup's consistency. Add oyster sauce and soy sauce.
4. Add broccoli and aubergine and let it simmer until slightly translucent.
5. Add salt pepper to taste.
6. Drizzle with sesame oil before serving.
7. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
1. Bring water to a boil. Add broth.
2. Add squash, boil until half cooked.
3. Add okra and let simmer for a few seconds.
4. Add all the leaves and let simmer again.
Pork loin slices
Kalamansi or lemon
Ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
Ginger, minced and pounded
Garlic, minced and pounded
1. Rub salt and white pepper and squeeze
2. Coat the meat in flour and dip in egg mixture. Coat the meat with breadcrumbs. Make sure to coat meat well.
3. Deep fry in medium heat until brown on each side (around 5 minutes). Avoid cooking on high heat as this will burn the breadcrumbs.
4. Put in a serving tray and allow to cool.
5. Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until mixture thickens.
6. Drizzle meat with sauce and serve with shredded cabbage.
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe
Fish (any kind will do)
Carrots, sliced in thin strips
Celery, sliced in strips
Tomatoes, sliced in thin strips
1. Season the fish with salt and white pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes to let the flavor sit.
2. Fry the fish in vegetable oil. Set aside.
3. Saut√© the garlic in vegetable oil, until brown. Add garlic and tomatoes. Saut√© until slightly translucent.
4. Add water and tomato paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add cornstarch. Let it simmer until the mixture is thick.
6. Add carrots and celery and pineapple chunks as well as the juice. Let it simmer for one minute.
7. Add the fish.
8. Add pepper (optional).
9. Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!¬†
For more of Lorraine's easy recipes, check out the rest of the list¬†here.
This story originally appeared on Smartparenting.com.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Yummy.ph editors.