These Graham Flan Cupcakes Don't Require An Oven Or A Steamer
The recipe is incredibly easy!
Now that we're under strict quarantine rules again, most of us will surely be staying at home during weekends. If you miss eating desserts in coffee shops, you might want to try this super easy Graham Flan Cupcakes recipe shared by Kirbyyy on YouTube.
Based on its name, these are tiny custard treats with a crushed graham crust. It doesn't require a mixer, oven, and steamer. So, if your kitchen only has the basic equipment, you won't have a problem making these desserts.
See the recipe and procedure below:
Graham Flan Cupcakes
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 pack gelatin (9g)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 egg yolks
- 300ml condensed milk
- 370ml evaporated milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or lemon juice
- 1 To form the crust, mix crushed crackers and melted butter. Then, place the cupcake liners in each slot of the cupcake pan.
- 2 Put two tablespoons of crushed graham on each. Press with a rolling pin to pack on the crust.
- 3 In a small bowl, dissolve a packet of gelatin in water. Mix until it blooms. Set aside.
- 4 In a saucepan, gently mix the egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Add the gelatin solution. Stir until everything is dissolved.
- 5 Over low to medium heat, let the egg mixture simmer, stirring constantly.
- 6 Once it turns to boil, remove it from the heat immediately.
- 7 Pour the custard mixture into a bowl or measuring jug. Use a strain to remove lumps.
- 8 Pour the mixture into the lined cupcake molds. Poke the custard with a toothpick to remove the bubbles. Chill overnight.
- 9 Serve and enjoy the next day!
Watch the video to see the full demo of the Graham Flan Cupcakes recipe:
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Yummy.ph editors.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.