UPDATED LIST: These Are The New Operating Hours Of Groceries In Metro Manila
You can shop as early as 8 a.m.!
UPDATED as of 16 April 2020: At a press conference on March 16, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said that under the enhanced community quarantine, groceries, food preparation and food delivery services, and other establishments providing basic services shall remain open.
At a press conference on March 14, MMDA Chief Jose Arturo Santillan Garcia, Jr. announced that the NCR community quarantine due to increasing COVID-19 cases began at midnight on March 15, 2020. More guidelines were announced, including a recommendatory curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. until April 13.
If you're worried that you will run out of food or other basic essentials, take a breath and don't panic. Metro Manila may have been placed on enhanced community quarantine with stricter guidelines but the groceries are open for those who need to visit their shops and buy basic supplies during this time.
Here are times you can expect these groceries to open and close during the quarantine:
UPDATED as of 7:00 a.m., April 16, 2020.
- All Day Supermarket (nationwide) - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Landers Superstore - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Landmark Supermarket (Makati) - 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Landmark Supermarket (Alabang, Nuvali) - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Landmark Supermarket (Trinoma) - 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Merkado Supermarket (UP Town Center) - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Metro Supermarket (Market! Market!, Alabang, Mandaluyong) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.*
- Metro Hypermarket - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Puregold (Luzon branches)- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.*
- Robinsons Supermarket - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.*
- Robinsons Supermarket (168 Shopping Mall) - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rustan's Supermarket and The Marketplace - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.*
- Rustan's Supermarket (Uptown BGC) - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Shopwise - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Shopwise Express - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shopwise Express (Mercedes, Cityland Santolan, C. Raymundo) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- SM Markets (Luzon: Supermarket, Hypermarket, and Savemore) - 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- SM Hypermarket Deca and The Village Square Alabang - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- SM Hypermarket Eton Centris - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- SM Markets (outside Luzon: Supermarket, Hypermarket, and Savemore) - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. *
- SnR Membership Shopping (nationwide) - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Unimart (Greenhills) - 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Unimart (Capitol Commons) - 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- WalterMart Supermarket - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- WalterMart Supermarket (Bicutan, Sucat) - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- WalterMart Supermarket (Conception) - 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- WalterMart Supermarket (Sta. Cruz) - 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- WalterMart Supermarket (Sta. Maria) - 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
While these groceries and malls are open, please do heed the preventive and safety measures asked of you if you're going out and that are being employed by the stores to not only prevent the spread of the virus but to keep everyone else safe as well.
For more updates and specific branch information, visit All Day Supermarket, Landers, Landmark, The Metro Stores, Puregold, Robinsons Supermarket, SM Markets, Rustan's Supermarket, Shopwise, Greenhills, Capitol Commons, SnR Membership Shopping, and Waltermart Supermarket on Facebook.
* For provincial stores and their alternative operating hours, please visit The Metro Stores official Facebook page for the latest update.
* Visit the Facebook page of Puregold for its other alternative hours.
* Some Rustan's Supermarket and The Marketplace branches have alternative operating hours. Visit Rustan's Supermarket on Facebook for more details.
* Some Robinsons Supermarkets in the Metro Manila have alternative operating hours. Visit Robinsons Supermarket on Facebook for updates.