Calling All Home Cooks: This Competition Is Your Moment To Shine!
Ever dreamed of winning a cooking competition? This is it.
Your family adores your cooking, all your friends gush about how you make the ordinary meals extraordinary, and it’s starting to make you wonder, as you watch cooking shows on your television: “Do I have what it takes to win a cooking competition?” It’s time to go after that passion and fulfill your dream. Manila Food and Beverage Expo (MAFBEX) is in search for the next Home Chef Champion this June. There is no better time than now to compete at MAFBEX 2019 Culinary Cup: Home Chef Edition
It's more than just an expeirence, of course. You'll also get the chance at winning the P30,000 cash prize , but more importantly, they’ll receive a short course in culinary arts. It’s not just about igniting the flame after all, but keeping that flame burning!
Are you already itching to join this once-a-year opportunity? Scroll below to find out if you’re eligible and what to submit in order to join.
To be eligible, you must be :
- 1 A home cook or non-professional cook. This means you must not have prior professional or formal catering or culinary experience.
- 2 18-60 years old.
- 3 A resident within the Metro Manila Area.
You must submit:
- 1 Barangay clearance
- 2 Photocopy of NSO certified birth certificate
- 3 The unique story behind your recipe
- 4 1 piece whole body photo, smart casual
- 5 A letter detailing your reason for joining
- 6 Filled out application form you can find here.
About the competition itself:
- 1 During the competition, dishes must be prepared under the strictest hygienic condition.
- 2 Use of artificial coloring or chemical additives with artificial flavors is strictly prohibited as well.
- 3 The participants will be provided with their own work station and main ingredients at the event proper.
- 4 There will be two rounds for the competition, the Semi-Finals which will be held on June 12 and the Grand Finals which will be held on June 13, which will both be at the World Trade Center, Metro Manila, Easy Wing A.
Make 2019 your year to be brave! Get cooking!
The Manila Food and Beverage Expo (MAFBEX) 2019 is happening on June 12 to 16, from 10 am to 8 pm at the World Trade Center Manila. For more information, follow @mafbex on Facebook and @mafbex.ph on Instagram or visit mafbex.com.