Magnolia Bakery Has Released The Recipe For Its Popular Banana Pudding
You can now make your own Magnolia Bakery-style banana pudding at home.
Magnolia Bakery is a New York-based dessert shop that became famous for its cupcakes after a 30-second appearance on HBO's Sex and the City. But besides the cupcakes that have its signature frosting, Magnolia Bakery is also popular for its oh-so-sweet banana pudding.
If you want to recreate your own Magnolia Bakery-style banana pudding, Eater shared the banana pudding recipe of Bobbie Lloyd, the chief baking officer of Magnolia Bakery.
Want to give it a try?
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding ingredients:
- 4 to 5 ripe bananas, sliced
- 11-ounce box of vanilla wafers (preferably Nilla Wafers)
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 3.4-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding mix (preferably Jell-O)
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups of ice-cold water
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding recipe:
- 1 In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the cold water. Add the pudding mix in a separate medium-sized bowl and slowly whisk in the milk and water for about 1 minute, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- 2 Whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Carefully add the pudding mixture to the whipped cream and mix until they've fully blended.
- 3 Spread a quarter of the pudding in a bowl (chef Bobbie Lloyd recommends using a trifle bowl), then add a third of the cookies and sliced bananas on top, just enough to cover the entire layer. Repeat this step twice and end with a final layer of pudding. For its finishing touches, you can add cookies or cookie crumbs on top.
- 4 Cover the container with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Make sure that the cookies are tender enough before serving it. You can check this by poking the cookies with a knife.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here!