This New McDonald's Branch Uses Reusable Tableware, Eco-Bricks, And Has A Bike & Dine Area
Here's to more environment-friendly establishments with environment-friendly practices!
Did you know November is Environment Awareness Month in the Philippines? McDonald's Philippines is participating¬†in the green movement with the opening of their new¬†Green & Good store in Shaw Boulevard Wack-Wack, Mandaluyong City.
McDonald's Philippines' "Green and Good" initiative is all about practicing more sustainable and greener practices. They opened the first Green & Good branch at UN Del Pilar in Manila early this year and¬†the second branch in Shaw Boulevard Wack-Wack opened in November 2021.
Here are all the green details of McDonald's new Green & Good branch:
1. This McDonald's Green & Good branch uses reusable rice bowls, utensils, cups, and wooden stirrers for dine-in customers.
2. There's stricter solid waste segregation at this branch's dine-in, kitchen, and preparation areas. McDonald's Philippines aims to reduce waste by converting paper waste into fuel, food waste into fertilizer, plastic waste into repurposed goods, and vegetable oil into biodiesel.
3. For all the cyclists who are contributing less carbon footprint, this McDonald's branch has a¬†covered Bike & Dine area where you can take a break. This bike-friendly space even has a bike repair station where there are tools you are free to use.
4. If you're using an e-scooter or an e-bike, McDonald's partnered with Meralco and put up an e-charging station called the Meralco E-Sakay's e-Charging Stations. Customers can plug in their e-bike or e-scooter for P1/minute of charging.
5. This Green & Good store has solar lampposts, LED lights, photo and motion sensors, eco-friendly air conditioning (less energy consumption!), and a rainwater harvesting tank for cleaning the store's exteriors.
6. The establishment is made with reclaimed wood, eco-pavers, eco-bricks, and concrete fiber. McDonald's Philippines also paid attention to the smaller details,¬†like choosing to use paint with low volatile organic compounds.
Want to visit this McDonald's branch? This McDonald's Green & Good branch is located at Shaw Boulevard Wack-Wack, Mandaluyong City.¬† The branch is open 24 hours and is available to serve dine-in, take-out, and drive-thru customers.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.