These Are The Lambanog Brands Approved By The FDA
Be a responsible drinker.
Beginning December 22, 23 people from Laguna and Quezon have died because of lambanog-related poisoning. The Food and Drug Administration Philippines (FDA) found dangerous high amounts of methanol, a toxic chemical found in unregulated lambanog, which are sold at a cheaper cost.
Lambanog is a traditional Filipino distilled palm liquor made from coconut or nipa palm sap. During this holiday season, alcoholic drinks like lambanog are often, if not always, involved. It would be best if we are vigilant and responsible for the alcohol we are consuming.
In light of the recent alcohol poisoning cases, the FDA released a list of lambanog products with valid FDA certificate of product registration as of December 23, 2019. Below are the 14 lambanog products that are marked safe by the FDA:
- Mang Andoy's Lambanog (bubblegum flavor)
- Island Coco's Lambanog Bubblegum
- Lakan Bronze's Premium Coconut Liquor
- Jimmy's Lambanog (bubblegum flavor)
- Jimm's Lambanong (unflavored)
- San Juan Lambanog's San Juan Lambanog
- Lakan Extra Premium's Lambanog
- Craft Distilled Lakan's Lambanog
- Lakan Silver's Premium Coconut Liquor
- Dory's Lambanog's Manila Lambanog
- Ram-Ciel Lambanog's Lambanog
- San Juan Premium Lambanog's San Juan Premium Lambanog
- San Juan's Coconut Lambanog
For everything food and beverage-rellated consumption, it is best to remember to check for the food registration number to know it has been tested and approved by the FDA.
For more information and updates, follow the Food and Drug Administration Philippines' official Facebook.