Shakey's Japan Released "Mojos" Recipe So People Can Cook At Home During Quarantine
Who else wants a basket full of mojos?
Anyone who orders from Shakey's almost always orders the famous mojos (potato slices), too. Since dining out isn't an option because all Metro Manila Shakey's branches are temporarily closed because of the quarantine, the next best thing you can do is to recreate your faves with food hacks!
But this is no ordinary Shakey's-style mojo food hack: this recipe is actually shared by Shakey's Japan last March 15, 2020 via their Twitter account.
The ingredient list is short and most are basic ingredients you might have stocked in your pantry already. According to SoraNews24, here are the ingredients you'll need:
- - potato (cut into 9-millimiter slices)
- - 100 grams of fried chicken breading mix
- - 30 grams of salt
- - 10 grams of pepper
- - cooking oil
If you're ready to cook, follow these instructions to achieve Shakey's mojos at home:
- 1 Microwave the sliced potato spuds for five minutes-it is preferred that the microwave has a power setting of 700 watts.
- 2 Combine the dry ingredients: fried chicken breading mix, salt, and pepper in one bowl.
- 3 Toss the potato spuds in the mix until no surface is left unseasoned. Be careful when you do this since the potatoes are going to be hot.
- 4 Deep-fry to your preferred level of crispiness.
If you don't have fried chicken breading mix with you, you can use 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons of Magic Sarap or 1 cube bouillon cube that's finally crushed. Another option for the fried chicken breading mix is to mix paprika, garlic, and onion powder in 1 cup of flour.