Shakey's Japan Released "Mojos" Recipe So People Can Cook At Home During Quarantine
Who else wants a basket full of mojos?
Anyone who orders from Shakey's almost always orders the famous mojos (potato slices), too.¬† Since dining out isn't an option because¬†all Metro Manila Shakey's branches are temporarily closed¬†because of the quarantine,¬†the next best thing you can do is to recreate your faves with¬†food hacks!
But this is no ordinary Shakey's-style mojo food hack: this recipe is actually shared by Shakey's Japan last March 15, 2020 via their Twitter account.¬†
The ingredient list is short and most are basic ingredients you might have stocked in your pantry already. According to¬†SoraNews24, here are the ingredients you'll need:
- - potato (cut into 9-millimiter slices)¬†
- - 100 grams of fried chicken breading mix¬†
- - 30 grams of salt
- - 10 grams of pepper
- - cooking oil
If you're ready to cook, follow these instructions to achieve Shakey's mojos at home:
- 1¬†Microwave the sliced potato spuds for five minutes-it is preferred that the microwave has a power setting of 700 watts.
- 2 Combine the dry ingredients: fried chicken breading mix, salt, and pepper in one bowl.
- 3 Toss the potato spuds in the mix until no surface is left unseasoned. Be careful when you do this since the potatoes are going to be hot.
- 4 Deep-fry to your preferred level of crispiness.
If you don't have fried chicken breading mix with you, you can use 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons of Magic Sarap or 1 cube bouillon cube that's finally crushed. Another option for the fried chicken breading mix is to mix paprika, garlic, and onion powder in 1 cup of flour.