Skip The Tahong For Now: BFAR Declares Areas Positive For Shellfish Poisoning
Go for other kinds of seafood!
According to a report from ABS-CBN, the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) declared some areas positive for shellfish poisoning. Laboratory results dated January 31 identified shellfishes collected at the following areas (including alamang) are not declared safe:
- 1 Matarinao Bay in Eastern Samar
- 2 Cancabato Bay in Tacloban City, Leyte
- 3 Lianga Bay in Surigao del Sur
- 4 Coastal waters of Dauis and Tagbilaran City, Bohol
- 5 Puerto Princesa Bay in Palawan
- 6 Coastal waters of Pampanga
- 7 Coastal waters of Bataan namely:
Fish, squid, shrimp, and crab are not included in this list and are safe to eat—just make sure these have been properly cleaned, washed, and internal organs have been removed prior to cooking.