Skip The Tahong For Now: BFAR Declares Areas Positive For Shellfish Poisoning
Go for other kinds of seafood!
According to a report¬†from ABS-CBN, the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) declared some areas positive for shellfish poisoning. Laboratory¬†results¬†dated January 31 identified shellfishes collected at the following areas (including alamang) are not declared safe:
- 1 Matarinao Bay in Eastern Samar
- 2 Cancabato Bay in Tacloban City, Leyte
- 3 Lianga Bay in Surigao del Sur
- 4 Coastal waters of Dauis and Tagbilaran City, Bohol
- 5 Puerto Princesa Bay in Palawan
- 6 Coastal waters of Pampanga
- 7 Coastal waters of Bataan namely:
Fish, squid, shrimp, and crab are not included in this list and are safe to eat-just make sure these have been properly cleaned, washed, and internal organs have been removed prior to cooking.