This paella recipe is easy to make and celebrates the flavors of a savory ginataang dish. This recipe is in honor of my hometown, San Pablo City, home of the Coco Festival, in Laguna.
Ginataang Paella Recipe
Ginataang Paella Ingredients
- In a flat pan over medium fire, heat olive oil and saute together garlic, onions, and tomatoes.
- Add sliced squid and blue marlin. Simmer until some juice is produced.
- Add chicken bullion cubes.
- Add arborio rice and a splash of red wine, and stir together.
- Once the red wine has evaporated, pour in the water and cook until simmering.
- Pour and stir in the coconut cream.
- Season with pepper, to taste.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and continue cooking using low heat until rice is ready and the fat from the coconut cream has been rendered.
- Remove from the flame and it s ready to serve. Serve with calamansi depending on your preference.