Pork Kilawin or kilawing baboy is a classic Filipino dish famous in the region of Pampanga. Pork kilawin is marinated and cooked in vinegar. Traditionally, it consists of diced pork, liver, lungs, and heart. I am not fond of eating those parts of the pork which is why I made a few changes to my pork kilawin recipe using pork cubes and chicken liver.
Kilawin Baboy (Kapampangan Kilayin) Recipe
Kilawin Baboy (Kapampangan Kilayin) Ingredients
- 1. Combine pork, chicken liver, peppercorn, salt, bay leaves, vinegar, half of the onion and garlic cloves. Marinade for 1 hour.
- 2. Sauté remaining garlic and onion then add fish sauce.
- 3. Separate pork and chicken liver from the vinegar.
- 4. Add pork and chicken liver in the pan then cook for 15 minutes.
- 5. Pour vinegar and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Do not mix.
- 6. Add ground black pepper.
- 7. Pour in water and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ready to serve.