Pork Kilawin or kilawing baboy is a classic Filipino dish famous in the region of Pampanga. Pork kilawin is marinated and cooked in vinegar. Traditionally, it consists of diced pork, liver, lungs, and heart. I am not fond of eating those parts of the pork which is why I made a few changes to my pork kilawin recipe using pork cubes and chicken liver.
Kilawin Baboy (Kapampangan Kilayin) Recipe
This version skips the pork innards for easy to find pork and chicken instead.
Kilawin Baboy (Kapampangan Kilayin) Ingredients
- 1. Combine pork, chicken liver, peppercorn, salt, bay leaves, vinegar, half of the onion and garlic cloves. Marinade for 1 hour.
- 2. Sauté remaining garlic and onion then add fish sauce.
- 3. Separate pork and chicken liver from the vinegar.
- 4. Add pork and chicken liver in the pan then cook for 15 minutes.
- 5. Pour vinegar and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Do not mix.
- 6. Add ground black pepper.
- 7. Pour in water and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW