A flavorful white adobo, this is our family favorite.
Twice-Cooked Patis Adobo Recipe
Twice-Cooked Patis Adobo Ingredients
- Mix all of the adobo sauce ingredients (patis, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar, and white wine if using), except the olive oil, together and marinate the chicken with it, minimum 30 minutes, ideally overnight.
- When ready to cook, place the marinated chicken with all of the marinade ingredients in a pan, and add 1/2 to 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat, and simmer covered for 30 minutes. (Alternatively, if using a slow cooker, place the marinated chicken with all of the marinade ingredients in a slow cooker, and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours until the chicken is tender.)
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil, drain the sauce from the chicken, reserving the sauce, and brown the chicken pieces, turning occassionally.
- Once browned, add the reserved sauce to the pan, making sure to scrape up the browned bits at the bottom. Continue cooking until the liquid has reduced to half and has thickened.
- Serve while hot with rice.