This appetizer goes well with beer, a party staple. The paté has quite a long shelf life thanks to vinegar, a natural preservative. Spread it on bread or crackers and keep for a maximum of two weeks.
- 600 Grams chicken liver
- 1/4 Cup native vinegar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons liver spread
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted to cover pate
- Remove chicken heart from liver and clean well. Marinate chicken liver in the first five ingredients for 60 minutes.
- Heat a stainless-steel sauté pan. Add the chicken liver mixture and cook until liquid is reduced to half. Pour in white wine and add liver spread. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender. Purée until smooth. Slowly add the cubed butter. Taste and season accordingly.
- Pour into ramekins or glass containers until almost full. Chill to set, then pour melted butter on top. Let butter set before serving.