Teach your kids the creative art of sushi making. Here’s a simple sushi recipe to start with.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups Japanese rice cooked
- 5 sheets Nori (dried seaweed)
- 1 Cup chicken adobo shredded
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 10 stalks green onion
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a bowl; stir to dissolve.
- Pour over rice and mix well. Set aside.
- Place 1 nori sheet on a bamboo mat. Place 1 cup rice in the middle of the sheet and spread evenly, leaving a 1-inch space on top of the sheet.
- Place about 2 tablespoons shredded adobo on the bottom portion of the rice, followed by 2 strips cream cheese and 2 stalks green onion. Roll tightly. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice each roll into 8. Ingredient tip: You can omit the cream cheese and green onions if kids don’t like their flavors. Replace with other fillings like chopped hard-boiled eggs or fresh tomatoes.