Adobong dilaw, or yellow adobo, has a touch of turmeric. Turn to this weeknight favorite again and again for a wholesome meal!
Adobong Dilaw (Yellow Adobo) Recipe
Adobong Dilaw (Yellow Adobo) Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1-inch knob turmeric (luyang dilaw) minced or grated
- 1 head Garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 kilo Beef (use brisket or short ribs), cut into chunks
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté turmeric , garlic, and whole peppercorns for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add beef brisket or short ribs; cook for 10 minutes. Add white vinegar, water, and sugar; simmer for 45 minutes or until beef is tender. Add beef stock, a little at a time, if mixture dries out. Season with salt.