If you love adobo dishes and all the ways you can make it, this is one adobo recipe you need to learn to cook. It’s a squid adobo that’s got gata, or coconut milk.
Make sure to save the ink sac when you prepare your squid, because the powerful flavor of the squid and its ink is complemented by the adobo seasonings! But what tempers all of these flavors is the gata or coconut milk. Its creamy flavor will transform this recipe from an otherwise normal adobong pusit to one that’s more mellow but still flavorful.
Adobong Pusit Sa Gata Recipe
Make squid extra delicious simmered in a delicious sauce.
Adobong Pusit Sa Gata Ingredients
- 500 Grams squid cleaned
- 1/4 Cup cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Salt divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3/4 cups fresh coconut milk (gata)
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fried garlic to serve
- Combine squid, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon salt in a pot. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until squid is just cooked. Reserve vinegar mixture.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-low heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes. Add bay leaves and 1 cup vinegar mixture. Simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer for 1 minute. Add squid and stir until coated. Top with fried garlic. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW