These prawns are doused in a rich crab-fat sauce! This adobong sugpo recipe is sure to be a winner at the dinner table. Using ingredients such as peppercorns and bay leaf enhance the flavor of this dish. Want to spice things up? Add a few slices of siling labuyo to give it that spicy kick. Serve with a side of white rice or ensaladang labanos.
Adobong Sugpo sa Taba ng Talangka Recipe
Adobong Sugpo sa Taba ng Talangka Ingredients
- 8 large Prawns (Sugpo) about 500 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup crab fat (aligue)
- Salt to garnish
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- green onion Chopped, for garnish
- This adobong sugpo recipe is extra rich with its crab fat sauce.
- Remove prawns from marinade. Heat oil in a wok or on a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and sear for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add marinade and simmer until prawns are almost cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove prawns from pan and set aside.
- Add crab fat to pan and mix well. Let sauce simmer until reduced to half. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add vinegar.
- Return prawns to pan and mix well. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with green onions. Serve with ensaladang labanos on the side.