This recipe is a delicious take on a Filipino favorite! Adobong tokwa is a meatless dish that is both healthy and satisfying. It could be enjoyed as either a main dish or a side. Fry the tofu strips until a golden brown color is achieved. With a mix of bay leaves, peppercorns, vinegar, and soy sauce, this dish is sure to be infused with mouthwatering flavors. Don’t have potato starch available? No problem! You could always use cornstarch to thicken your adobo sauce.
Adobong Tokwa Recipe
Adobong Tokwa Ingredients
- 1 300 gram pack tofu (tokwa) sliced
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water Optional
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Potato starch diluted in water
- kinchay (parsley) for garnish
- Fry the tokwa in oil until light golden brown. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Place soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and sugar in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Adjust seasoning as desired and some water may be added to dilute the sauce a little if needed. Thicken the sauce with potato starch slurry, then pour sauce over tokwa and garnish with kinchay leaves and fried garlic.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch slurry, then pour sauce over tokwa and garnish with kinchay leaves and fried garlic.