This meatball-and-noodle soup is a comforting Filipino soup dish. Made with misua (fine rice noodles), pork meatballs, and vegetables, this dish has many variations: some add grated carrots to the soup for texture and garnish it with leeks.
- 1/2 kilo pork use ground pork
- 1 Small onion minced
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Oil for frying meatballs
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium Patola (Chinese Okra) sliced
- 1 250-gram pack misua (fine rice noodles)
- Make the meatballs: In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, half of the onion, egg, salt, ground black pepper, and flour. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat oil in a medium-sized pan and fry each meatball until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a medium-sized pot and sauté the garlic and remaining onions. Season with fish sauce and cook for a minute. Pour-in water and let boil.
- Add the patola and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the misua noodles and cooked meatballs and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Serve immediately.