The formula for an easy pasta recipe: Choose two or three main ingredients, top off the sauce with really good cheese, and voilà! You’ve got a plate of delicious comfort food in no time. You can also start with simmering canned whole peeled tomatoes to make a quick sauce. This allows a nice texture and flavor to develop—without any extra effort.
Arugula and Sausage Spaghetti Recipe
Arugula and Sausage Spaghetti Ingredients
- 500 Grams spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 Small red onion chopped
- 1 fresh italian sausage crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups canned whole peeled tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup feta cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 handful Arugula leaves only
- 1 lemon zest only
- lemon wedges to serve
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions. Add sausage and cook until brown, breaking up large chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes and simmer over low heat until reduced, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked spaghetti into sauce then transfer to a serving dish. Top with feta, arugula, and lemon zest. Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve lemon wedges on the side.