Is there anything more perfect for a weekday dinner than this one-pot Asian beef stew recipe?
Asian Beef Stew Recipe
This one-pot Asian beef stew recipe is a meaty masterpiece!
Asian Beef Stew Ingredients
- 750 Grams Beef (use short ribs), sliced into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- Salt to season
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 thin slices ginger
- 1 medium white onion minced
- 1/2 Cup Chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 pieces star anise
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 medium carrot sliced into chunks
- 2 medium radish (labanos) sliced into chunks
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- green onion for garnish, optional
- Pat dry beef and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat until smoking. Add beef to pan and brown all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Do not crowd pan and sear beef in batches, if necessary. Set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté garlic, ginger, and onion. Add rice wine, scraping the bottom of the pot. Add seared beef, sugar, cinnamon, star anise, soy sauce, and enough water to cover beef. Lower heat and simmer, covered, until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- Add carrots and radishes, and continue simmering until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sesame oil and dissolved cornstarch; cook until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW