Looking for a new egg dish to try? This easy recipe is packed with good-for-you veggies.
Bacon and Cabbage Frittata Recipe
Bacon and Cabbage Frittata Ingredients
- 2 tablesppons Oil
- 1 Small red onion peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup green peas frozen and thawed
- 1/2 Cup button mushrooms drained and sliced
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Cup cabbage packed
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 large Egg
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté, then add garlic and sauté.
- Stir in green peas and mushrooms. Cook until heated through, stirring. Add water, and bring to a boil. Cover, and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and add cabbage. Stir to mix, and cook until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in bacon.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, and pour over cabbage mixture. Stir to distribute. Cover, and let cook until center is set. Cut into wedges. This recipe appeared in the May 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.