Complete with protein, vegetables, and carbs, this tasty, all-in-one toasted treat is just the thing to get you going.
Bacon and Egg Toast Recipe
Bacon and Egg Toast Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 6 cups spinach leaves tightly packed, blanched, and squeezed dry
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup cream
- 3/4 Cup melting cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/2-inch slices Batard bread or any crusty loaf, buttered and toasted
- 8 slices honey-cured bacon fried until crisp
- tomatoes roasted, to serve
- Make the sautéed spinach: Melt butter in a frying pan. Sauté shallots until transparent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add blanched spinach and mix well. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Make the easy cheese sauce: In a saucepan, melt butter. Add cream and grated cheese. Whisk until cheese is melted. Set aside and keep warm.
- To poach eggs, fill a medium saucepan with water, four inches high. Bring to a simmer. Add vinegar. Crack one egg into a small bowl.Carefully slide egg out of the bowl and into the gently simmering water. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Cook two eggs at a time to avoid crowding. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl of ice-cold water to stop the cooking. Dry on paper towels.
- To assemble, portion sautéed spinach among the four bread slices. Top each slice of bread with 2 bacon strips. Arrange poached egg on top then add 2 to 3 tablespoons warm cheese sauce. Broil in a preheated oven or toaster for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly golden, if desired. Serve with roasted tomatoes, if desired.