Bacon can make anything better so if you’re a fan of the strips of meat and you love Korean food, this fusion rice bowl will win you over. This refreshing deviation from the normal tapsilog might be just what your K-Drama nights need.
Bacon Bibimbap Recipe
Bacon Bibimbap Ingredients
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 Cup canned button mushrooms
- 1 Cup mung bean sprouts (togue) rinsed
- 1/2 Cup carrots sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 Cup cucumbers sliced thinly, seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil more to taste
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 cups Cooked rice or as needed
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- ssamjang sauce or gochujang, to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon according to your desired doneness. Remove from heat and set aside to drain on a rack over paper towels. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan or pot full of water to a boil. Season with salt. Blanche button mushrooms, remove and transfer to a bowl, and set aside. Blanche togue, remove and transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- Season the mushrooms with salt. Season the togue with sesame oil and salt.
- When ready to serve, fry the eggs sunny-side-up or as desired in the bacon fat.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice into four bowls. Top with cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, togue, and bacon, Top each with an egg and serve with more sides and the ssamjang.