Homemade bacon is easy enough to make at home: all you need are thin pork belly slices and a couple of pantry staples. It’s perfect with atsara and heaps of steaming rice!
Bacon Liempo Recipe
Homemade bacon? It’s easy!
Bacon Liempo Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Knorr SavorRich Pork
- 1/2 Cup minced garlic
- 1 kilo Pork belly use sliced boneless pork belly
- cooking oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, pepper, Knorr SavorRich pork, and garlic. Stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- Arrange pork slices lengthwise in a large plastic storage container and pour the vinegar marinade over them. Leave in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, drain marinade and place pork strips in a colander or sieve to let the rest of the marinade drip off. Pat dry with paper towels to remove more excess liquid.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Fry pork strips until golden brown and crunchy at the edges. Blot the fried pork strips with paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve while hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW