Can’t get enough of sweet-salty combinations? Creamy, starchy señorita bananas wrapped in savory, crunchy bacon definitely hit the spot!
Bacon-Wrapped Banana Bites Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Banana Bites Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Rum Liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 pieces banana (Senorita variety), peeled
- 3 strips bacon sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Make the marinade: Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Add bananas and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Strain bananas; set aside marinade. Wrap a bacon strip around each banana; secure with a toothpick, if desired. Arrange in one layer on a baking dish.
- Bake bananas in the preheated oven for 24 minutes. Halfway through baking time, flip bananas and sprinkle brown sugar over bacon. Continue baking until bacon is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, place marinade in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer until reduced and slightly thick.
- Serve bananas warm with sauce on the side.
TIP: Make it for the kids! After baking, insert a skewer in each banana, dip in melted chocolate chips, set on wax paper, and chill until chocolate hardens. Make sure to take out the rum from the marinade recipe, too.