Prepare this dish for the bacon lovers in the family. Serve it with garlic fried rice or mashed sweet potatoes.
Bacon-wrapped Cod Recipe
Bacon-wrapped Cod Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 500 Grams cod steaks each sliced into 3- to 4-inch fillets
- 300 Grams bacon use bacon strips
- 1/8 Cup blue cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 400 Grams asparagus spears
- lemon (sliced), to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Pat dry fish fillets with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each fish fillet with bacon. Arrange on the baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked and bacon is slightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine blue cheese and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until melted. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pan. Pan-fry asparagus for 40 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.